Skip to main content

BLOG 9

Digital learning has become the normal over the past 2.5 years after the pandemic hit in 2020. Personally, I have loved my digital learning experience. It gives me the time to do my assignments at my own pace and work from anywhere. I love being able to go home whenever I want and not have to worry about missing class or not being able to turn in assignments. Next semester, my classes go back to in person and I am both excited and nervous for the change. However, one thing I disliked about digital learning is that there is no face-to-face interaction. This makes it hard to ask questions and work with other people. When I am a teacher, I will make sure that there are zoom times available to each student to ask questions and get extra help. It can be difficult to communicate over email and having a zoom time for them to work with me one on one gives students a chance to get any questions answered. 

Open educational resources (OER) are resources available to anyone to use for whatever reason they need. They can be used in five different ways, called the Five Rs of OER. These are retain, reuse, revise, remix and redistribute. Each one describes a different way that people can use other people's learning resources. The article I found is from educationweek.org and explains in detail what open educational resources are. The article answers the five most common questions about OER. I chose this site because I thought it was very educational and taught me a lot. https://www.edweek.org/technology/what-is-oer-answers-to-5-questions-about-open-educational-resources/2017/03


Personally, I really enjoyed the PowerPoint assignments and learning how to take full advantage of all of the things PowerPoint has to offer. I actually learned a lot of new skills I did not know how to use before. One thing I never knew how to do was the slide master. That is a really helpful feature that I will definitely use in the future. Another skill I learned was how to link the action buttons to certain slides. I have played jeopardy on PowerPoint before in class but I never knew how to make one myself. One thing I did not like was the design of some of my slides. I think next time I need to find one that works better for my specific content or make my own. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG 10

  There are many different ways to use data collection in the classroom. One way is to learn about your students at the beginning of the year. Teachers can use surveys to learn their students favorite subjects, favorite colors, about their home life, what they are interested in, etc. This would help teachers get to know their students better and collect all the information in one place at one time. Surveys can also be used later on to test students knowledge of a subject. Teachers can test how well students are grasping concepts all together.  I loved looking at everyone else's blogs and seeing what everyone else said. A lot of people had the same ideas about the skills they want to learn, the data collection ideas, and even a lot of similar responses on past blogs. I also loved looking at everyone's websites. Everyone had great websites with a lot of good information, colorful designs, and easy to navigate layouts. I like how even though we all have the same assignments, every