Skip to main content

BLOG 2

    Personally, I like Microsoft Word the best because that is what I am used to and have been certified in. I think it is a preference but I had to use Microsoft in middle and high school so I was able to get really familiar with it. One positive about Google Docs is that multiple people can work on one document at the same time. This can be useful for group projects or revising essays. I think that everyone should learn and be comfortable using both Microsoft Word and Google Docs. 

    The ISTE standard that is most meaningful to me is 2.3 Citizen. This standard states "Educators inspire students to positively contribute to and responsibly participate in the digital world." I think that this standard is so important because technology is so valuable in this society and it is so important for students to know how to use it appropriately. Students need to know how to be respectful online when using different types of technology. Inspiring students to be positive has always been a goal of mine because being a kind and uplifting person is so important. Making sure that they also do this online is a bonus. 

    I think that the term "digital native" is relatively true in a lot of instances. Growing up, I have seen a lot of teachers struggle with the different types of technology they have to use and often ask students to help them. It never caused any major problems but I do think it is helpful if educators are comfortable using different kinds of technologies. In the future, I think there will be less issues because I will always be learning the new technologies while my students also learn them. I believe it is easier for me to follow along with the new technology updates because I have been in a digital world my whole life. 

Comments

  1. Hello Macy! I am the complete opposite! I always had to use Google Docs in middle school and high school so that is what I prefer and am familiar with. I agree that everyone should be comfortable with both Microsoft Word and Google Docs because they are important and both are very useful tools. I also think there will be less problems in the future since it is easier for us to pick up on new technology updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Macy!

    I am also most comfortable with Microsoft word but I do agree that google docs can be super helpful in a group setting. I didn't think about that when I posted my blog. I like the standard you chose and your reasoning behind it. The goal you have to encourage a positive atmosphere is great and I like that you also tied in how this is also important online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Macy!

    I also prefer to use Microsoft Word. It is awesome that you were able to earn a certification in it. One of the major points in your post was that Google Docs is great for working together with others. This is the only situation where I would say that I prefer to use Google Docs. The ability to collaborate on a document in real time has been vital to me, especially during the "zoom era" of school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG 10

  There are many different ways to use data collection in the classroom. One way is to learn about your students at the beginning of the year. Teachers can use surveys to learn their students favorite subjects, favorite colors, about their home life, what they are interested in, etc. This would help teachers get to know their students better and collect all the information in one place at one time. Surveys can also be used later on to test students knowledge of a subject. Teachers can test how well students are grasping concepts all together.  I loved looking at everyone else's blogs and seeing what everyone else said. A lot of people had the same ideas about the skills they want to learn, the data collection ideas, and even a lot of similar responses on past blogs. I also loved looking at everyone's websites. Everyone had great websites with a lot of good information, colorful designs, and easy to navigate layouts. I like how even though we all have the same assignments, every