Skip to main content

BLOG 3

 

       Copyright is protection for peoples intellectual property. It makes sure that no one can get credit for someone else's work. Copyright laws play a big part in what students and teachers can or cannot use in the classroom. It can be helpful to people who put in time and research so their work is protected. Fair use is what allows certain things to be used without permission as long as it is for educational purposes and no one is benefiting from it monetarily. It is important that students at all ages are aware of the seriousness of taking credit for work that is not theirs. 

    Technology can have a lot of benefits in the classroom, but there are also a lot of issues that come with it. One is academic dishonesty. Because there is so much information available online, it is easy for students to try to use research as their own. It is so important that students are taught the proper way to cite things in all grade levels, especially as they get to high school and college and write in depth papers with many sources. Using work as your own has serious consequences and can be a really big issue if not taught. Another issue that comes with using technology in school is cyberbullying. Children can be extremely rude to each other and often find it easier to bully online than face to face. It is important that teachers explain the impact cyberbullying can have on someone and try to stop it ever becoming an issue. A lot of children also think that they can remain anonymous online, but it is almost always possible to figure out who someone is. It is important for students to be aware the damage cyberbullying can do to them and their futures. 

    The newsletter assignment was my favorite assignment so far. It allowed me to be creative and I learned so many useful skills for my future classroom. I learned how to add text boxes, how to insert a banner, how to add numbered lists, etc. I think designing this newsletter will be extremely helpful to me as a teacher. It helped me get familiar with how to make my own newsletter from scratch and add many different components. I think sending out a newsletter will be something I try to do monthly for my future students. 




Comments

  1. I agree with your thoughts on fair use, it is very important to teach kids how to cite properly, so that they do not have to experiences the consequences of plagiarism . Cyberbullying is a huge issue that needs to be resolved as quickly as possible. It is so important to educate children on the fact that nothing is ever truly deleted, and that your comments can always be traced back to who you are. I am interested that your favorite assignment is the Newsletter one, it looks great, so I can imagine why you liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Macy!
    I really like your newsletter. I like the valentines day theme so much! I wish I had thought of that! I also like you take on how technology in the classroom can be tricky and how you mentioned that cyberbullying can occur if things are not monitored. It is important to understand and teach children that just because you are anonymous, does not make it ok to bully others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG 10

  There are many different ways to use data collection in the classroom. One way is to learn about your students at the beginning of the year. Teachers can use surveys to learn their students favorite subjects, favorite colors, about their home life, what they are interested in, etc. This would help teachers get to know their students better and collect all the information in one place at one time. Surveys can also be used later on to test students knowledge of a subject. Teachers can test how well students are grasping concepts all together.  I loved looking at everyone else's blogs and seeing what everyone else said. A lot of people had the same ideas about the skills they want to learn, the data collection ideas, and even a lot of similar responses on past blogs. I also loved looking at everyone's websites. Everyone had great websites with a lot of good information, colorful designs, and easy to navigate layouts. I like how even though we all have the same assignments, every