Skip to main content

BLOG 1- Introduction

 My name is Macy McMahon! I am a junior at Florida State University majoring in Family and Child Sciences with a double minor in Education and Child Development. I am originally from a small city about 4.5 hours from Tallahassee, Dunedin, FL. One thing about me and who I am is that I am a Christian. Some things that I love to do include, spending time with my friends, reading, traveling, and going to the beach. I am excited for this class and all of the exciting projects that come with it. 

I do not have a lot of technology experience in an educational sense. I got a few Microsoft Certifications in middle and high school but have only ever used them for class assignments over the years. I have used different presentation platforms such as PowerPoint and Prezi for class projects, especially in high school. I hope to get more experience in this class and expand my technological experience. 

One of the main sources I use to help me create and succeed in my goals of having a successful college career and eventually becoming a teacher are my family members who are in the education field. My cousins are teachers, my grandma was a teacher for 40 years, my mom works at a high school, and my uncle is a headmaster for a private school. They are all able to offer different insights to my college experience and help me prepare to eventually become a teacher. I also have access to other people and resources through them. Another source of mine is social media, especially Instagram. I follow multiple teacher accounts and have even connected with a student who graduated from FSU two years ago in my same major and is now a teacher. I hope to grow my PLN over the next few years. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG 10

  There are many different ways to use data collection in the classroom. One way is to learn about your students at the beginning of the year. Teachers can use surveys to learn their students favorite subjects, favorite colors, about their home life, what they are interested in, etc. This would help teachers get to know their students better and collect all the information in one place at one time. Surveys can also be used later on to test students knowledge of a subject. Teachers can test how well students are grasping concepts all together.  I loved looking at everyone else's blogs and seeing what everyone else said. A lot of people had the same ideas about the skills they want to learn, the data collection ideas, and even a lot of similar responses on past blogs. I also loved looking at everyone's websites. Everyone had great websites with a lot of good information, colorful designs, and easy to navigate layouts. I like how even though we all have the same assignments, every